Wednesday, October 17, 2012

life is full

We've had very full weekends around here lately. As a house, we're hosting pretty often and love that it's cool enough for bonfires. And the most amazing cookies you'll ever know. Nutella, brown butter, salted chocolate chip... I always feel like I'm missing some other amazing ingredient.


Family, when we come home for Christmas everyone needs to block off some time for us to make these. (And I mean you, Grandma!) I'm convinced it won't be Christmas without them.


Our friend Aaron introduced us to the team called The Rooster Party here in Redding. They're committed to supporting creatives across the city that carry a message of hope.

The cause is close to our hearts. They hosted an amazing show that Aaron played in last month. He was amazing, the show was amazing. There is nothing more moving than being part of and/or witnessing someone fulfill a dream.


Shots from the concert


Saturday we helped paint a downtown gallery space for the next Rooster Party event with a local artist. The walls originally sported some crafty weed-paraphernalia murals. And when I say murals, I mean lions and tigers smoking weed. Really beautiful. So we covered them up. And can't wait for gallery opening next weekend.


I also wandered through an arts festival that happens twice a year in Redding called Roses and Rust. I was in love with that yellow trunk. IN LOVE. We really want one for at the end of our bed. Some day! I didn't get anything big but got tons of ideas.



There is something really therapeutic for me about decorating our home. It's a safe place for me and I'm learning how important being creative every day is to my own sanity. Jimmy's loving it too. He's enjoying building and is being really supportive when my ideas seem ridiculous.

We're still praying for a job for Jimmy. We're hopeful that the right one will come through. And in the meantime, life is full.

No comments:

Post a Comment