Saturday, March 30, 2013

horses & birthdays

I'm a bit late getting to this, but I had an amazing birthday weekend in March.

Friday Jimmy told me he had plans for the afternoon - surprise plans. I finished work early, found the outfit he laid out for me and was totally confused. I thought we were going to see a movie. He insisted I wear my boots. I couldn't figure out why.

We drove about 15 minutes outside of Redding to a small town called Anderson. We stopped at a horse farm. I was elated. Elated.
I had never had a chance to ride horses before and have been begging to go for quite a while. So on this beautiful, 75 degree day in March, we spent the afternoon riding horses on a trail near the Sacramento River.


If I could ride horses every day I would. Every day. I think I said, "That was so amazing!" 50 times a day that weekend. It was the best gift.

And nothing makes you feel more attractive than wearing helmets.



The next day the girls spent the day in Chico, a great little college town about an hour from Redding. We shopped, we ate amazing food, we laughed over ridiculous stories about first kisses.

I love these women and my life is so enriched by their presence. We somehow all ended up here in Redding for this season and if the whole reason was just to build this community - this family - it's all worth it.



No comments:

Post a Comment