Monday, March 11, 2013

collecting art

We dream about some day having a home full of art and collected items from places that we've visited. We want to have a story behind the things that fill our home.

If I received art pieces and prints for every gift for the next few years, I'd be happy as a clam. Unfortunately, prints, paintings and framed pieces are usually pretty expensive.

Even though we don't have a big budget, we've been able to find some art in some unexpected places for super cheap (win!) and they're great reminders of our adventures.

(Sorry for the poor quality of the photos - I need to start using my actual camera instead of just the iPhone!)


Found this guy for $5 from a street vendor our first time in San Francisco.



This one is from the Monterey Bay Aquarium. There were some beautiful prints but they were upwards of $100. This watercolor print is actually a greeting card and cost only $2.95!


I picked up these vintage postcards in a shop in Ohio actually. Total cost: $1.80. They're from Eagle Rock, the city near LA where Jimmy lived for 6 months after we graduated.


This one was actually a gift from our friend Cat - also a postcard.


Hopefully one day we'll have walls full of this kind of stuff!



1 comment:

  1. I love the octopus so much, and I'm inspired by the Archer Ave idea!

    ReplyDelete